maandag 18 februari 2013

EXHIBITION: MERCE CUNNINGHAM / REI KAWAKUBO (COMME DES GARÇONS)

I love it when my two passions - dance and fashion - meet eachother. Rei Kawakubo created in 1997 costumes for Merce Cunningham's piece 'Scenario'. This pictures are from a exhibition at Walker (Minneapolis, United States) which explores the collaboration between the Japanese fashion designer and the legendary choreographer. The show is the third in a series showcasing the Walker's Merce Cunningham Dance Company Collection, the single largest aquisition of visual art in the Walker's history.

I'm really inspired by this. It would be great if I could combine the two things I love the most. When I see these pictures, I get all these ideas to create something for my own. Maybe I should draw something, and just try to make it. 

For more information you can check out Walker's website here






Enjoy your sunny day!
xoxo Alyssa

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I still think you are perfect capable to combine your two big passions. Go for it. XXX Alexandra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...